View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 29, 2008, 03:08 AM

Feeling a bit miserable

Hi,

I've just arrived home from work and feel totally worn out. I am the oldest and most experienced person in my department and I was getting very suspicious that I was being given more than my fair share of the work. Well, today it was confirmed. My boss told me that because I was so fast at my work that she thought it was only proper that I get the majority of the work and the more difficult of the cases to deal with. This is very annoying because I am on exactly the same pay level as everyone else. My work is quite physically active and I'm starting to find it hard to keep up with the workload. I don't want to tell anyone at work about my illness and I certainly don't want to use my illness as a reason to decrease my workload, but, boy! am I tired.

I usually have my blood tests done monthly but this time I had one done at 2 weeks (last week) instead, just for my own curiosity. I'm 2 weeks away from my next routine blood transfusion and my blood tests aren't too bad, so I don't know why I'm feeling like this.

Hb 80
WCC 2.2
RCC 2.89
MCV 90
Neut 1.1
Lymph 0.4
Plate 297

I don't normally get a copy of my blood results. This time I managed to get them from the hospital ward secretary. I don't want to get her into any trouble so I won't ask her again.

I think that psychologically I'm starting to get a bit depressed. I'm sure in a day or two I'll be right as rain. I almost feel guilty for feeling sorry for myself. I think a treat in the form of a new handbag is just the tonic I need.

Bye for now.
Talk to you after I've been shopping.

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion