Thread: My turn for ATG
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 26, 2011, 05:17 PM

ATG was not that bad for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuuze View Post
Hi, All

I check into the hospital May 2 for ATG. I've read the horror stories as well as the not-so-horrible versions. I hate the idea of being cooped up inside, but if that's the worst that happens, I'll be a happy camper. Any suggestions for making the time enjoyable? Will I be too wiped out to read, knit or visit with friends? I do better when I know what to expect.
it seriously was not bad - one night of fever, but that was easily dealt with by paracetamol. Rigours made me laugh because my teeth were chattering and any rashes were brought to heal by piriton. I had 3 bouts of rashes throughout the whole time, and they were not very itchy. Heart thumped a bit during the infusion over the 5 days but stopped as soon as infusion stopped. Liver took a hammering but this is back to normal now. Boredom was the worst...so I did knitting, colouring in, watched films, TV, listened to Ipod, exercised on bed, read some good books, read the daily newspaper, took charge of my own fluid chart and helped the carers to make my bed every day....its important to remain as independent as possible and fight the "sick" role I found, it was good for the soul. good luck xxx