View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 23, 2014, 12:48 PM

Revlimid Side Effects

I have read Marrowforums since I was diagnosed w. very high risk MDS RAEB2 with multiple chromosomal anomalies (including 5q deleted) in June 2014, but this is my first post. My treatment was changed from Vidaza (to which I responded) in Sept. after 3 rounds and 4+ weeks of stable blood counts (with no treatment) to Revlimid to address the remaining 5q deleted shown in a new BMB. (It took two months to get insurance approval for the new drug.)

I have not found any references to this being standard treatment - to stop Vidaza so quickly and switch to Revlimid when only 5q- remains. (Although I have seen references to combined Vidaza and Revlimid treatment.)

But my main question is that since starting Revlimid 10 mg two days ago, I feel just AWFUL. I am dizzy, slightly nauseous, have a rash on my face/neck/chest, and just generally feel badly. Is this the usual experience? Will it go away? Or am I having a bad reaction? (I had no problems w. Vidaza and have felt well throughout this entire ordeal until now.) Would appreciate any thoughts/information others may have. Thanks.