View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 7, 2011, 04:44 PM

advice on how to get through a transplant

I am new to marrowforums. Recently I was scheduled to have a transplant on the 29th of June. But, unfortunately I recently broke my ankle. Even though the fracture isn't that severe my doctors have decided it is best to delay the transplant until the bones and ligaments are healed. I know that they know best. So, the new date for my transplant is July 25th, I have been asking questions but I feel that people that have gone through it have the best advice. Since I am 15 the idea of strict isolation really scares me, I love my friends and my boy friend and I can't stand the fact that I won't be able to see him very often, as he lives 2 hours away from the hospital. Also, I'm really curious on about strict the isolation is. They have explained things to me but, do they really enforce it? Also, I am incredibly close with my nephew and he is only 4. As far as he is concerned I know that he will likely not be allowed to visit. But, I am worried about the impact on him. I am almost like his big sister and not seeing him for that long, I know it will be hard for him. Other than skype, is there any advice for us. And also does it have to be a parent staying the night or would my 25 year old sister be good too? We are really close and I feel like her being there would put a smile on my face once in a while.

Thank you in advance