View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 5, 2011, 07:47 PM

Thumbs up thank you everyone

Hello everyone,
I would like to thank you all for the support, it helped lots and was really reassuring. The transplant process has not been too bad of an experience. My friends have been really supportive, I skype with them multiple times a day and my friends from camp have special permission to call every night which puts a huge smile on my face. So far my sister has stayed most nights as my mom's work would not allow her time off she still comes up a lot which is great and we skype a lot. My friends have sent cards and one of my friends bought me the newest sims to play in my spare time. My nephew isn't as good of a story. I decided to try and skype with him and it scared him seeing me pale and loosing my hair. He started crying and I felt very guilty. When I lost my hair before he was too young to remember so, I didn't realise how much it would upset him. His father has explained to him that this is helping me get well enough so I can play with him more such as sports and stuff again (he loves watching hockey so he watches videos from before I was sick) so he was a little better. His dad asked him if he wanted to see me again and he said yes. I hesitated for a bit but then my family convinced me that he really missed me. This time it went a bit better and he started crying again. This time I got it out of him and he was crying for a different reason. He was sorry if he upset me last time and he didn't know what was the matter. I told him that I understood how it can be scary but that I am feeling much better and we cant talk on here (skype) as much as he wanted. He was really happy after that. It was fine for a couple of weeks and we skyped quite a bit. Then today he started crying again. I asked him what was the matter and he said that he went school shopping today and he wanted me there like I was last year when we shopped for day care. I told him that we can be on the phone together when ge goes shopping which reassured him but then he asked if I can take him to his first day of school and I told him I have to be better first. He then started getting upset again but I told him to bring the phone and explain it to his teacher. That made him happy again. I feel so bad for the poor boy who is having such a hard time but he is doing much better which I am thankful for. Medically, I got through chemotherapy pretty well. I had no appetite, and still don't, but it is getting better, of course there was some nausea and vomiting but nothing I couldn't handle. I successfully received my brother's stem cells 2 days ago so today is day + 2. So far I am not feeling that bad, I do have some mouth sores and have not been able to eat at all after all my efforts so my doctors ordered a feeding tube (NG), tonight when I skyped with my nephew it scared him a little but I explained things to him and I told him that it will help me get better faster and he said, anything to make you come home faster. He is a very smart little boy! My counts are still rock bottom but since I am feeling well now I am starting school to get a head start, I still want to be able to complete grade 10 on time. So far since I was admitted I have completed the careers part of civics & careers online which feels good. As to all of your suggestions my laptop has come in handy so much. My mom suprised me when I was waking up from my central line placement surgery on the day I was admitted. It had been so useful and I am so thankful for it. So far only one of my friends has actually come to visit as they are scared to make me sick. The one friend who came to visit happened to be my boyfriend which made it hard because all I wanted to do was hug him and give him a kiss but he had to be wearing a mask and it was not allowed. But it was worth seeing him, I had a lot of fun with him but saying good bye wasn't the greatest although we talk on iChat sooo much ! Strict isolation isn't nearly as hard as I though with supportive friends and I want all teens, etc. to know that.

I would like to say thank you for all the tips and suppourt , I love marrowforums!