View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 18, 2016, 11:14 AM

Triumphe64, thank you. The reading of Bill H.R. 640 is interesting. Twice it mentioned "no cure" for these diseases. I think that most consider that the stem cell transplant can be a cure. I was surprised that this was not mentioned (unless I missed it). The tone of the Bill seemed to indicate that there are many environmental factors that can cause "acquired bone marrow failure diseases", just as other cancers. I think they will find that there are hundreds of environmental causes that people are exposed to during their lifetime that can be a cause.

Many doctors at this time are reactive to the diseases, rather than being proactive to the causes. My doctors presented the opinion that if they knew the cause, it most likely would not change their approach to fight the diseases. It will be good to see if these studies are fruitful. Thank you.