View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 3, 2010, 01:42 AM

Thanks for the advice. I saw my doctor today for the first time since I started the Vidaza, he only does Thursdays at the day care I'm going to. He said the same thing, don't take much notice of the daily ups and downs but at the overall trends. He said he would be able to see a trend after a few cycles.

I didn't need a transfusion today but I have to have another 2 units tomorrow. That will make 6 units in 5 days. I have been transfusion dependent for a number of years but this is the worst my Hb drops have ever been. Is it possible it could be the Vidaza working already? I told my doctor today that I was sure it was working and he just smiled and told me that I was being a bit too optimistic.

My platelets dropped to 80 today which I think confirms my thinking that the Vidaza is working.

I was told today that when we see what the Vidaza is doing he will more than likely start me on VPA as well. The man in the next chair told me that he had started VPA and that he had to give up driving because it was making him tired and delaying his reflexes he also said he felt his thinking was affected. Has this happened to other people?

We don't get tornadoes in Australia very often but we had one to the south of where I live this morning. There was quite a lot of damage and some people were injured. They are predicting storms for my area this afternoon, I'm hoping we don't get a tornado too.

Hope everyone is well.
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion