View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 15, 2015, 07:38 PM

re: my anemia

Sallly: yes I have had two bone marrow biopsies and all the labs and tests the Dr can think of. What was/is the hard part in my diagnosis is that my red and white cells are not drastically low like you would expect in a typical aa diagnosis. Just my platelets are extremely low. Seen my doctor today and as of right now we are not doing any treatments because according to her my numbers have some what stabalized but to me they seem really low and worrysome. I don't know if you are familiar with the Ohio State University medical centers or not but my Doctor is supposedly one of the top Hemotoligist in the state and works for the James Cancer institute through OSU. She has gone over the immune serpressiant treatment and the different medications but as of right now we are going to see if my number are going to drop or stay about the same. Since getting diagnosed my highest platelet count was 39 and as of today I am at 26 so they are dropping and she sees that. I do trust her she just doesnt seem concerned about how I feel and at times talks to me like I understand and know all the terms and I don't.