View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 27, 2016, 09:06 AM

Hi Vickij - Congratulations on your 3 year re-birthday!!

Not being quite a year out yet from my transplant- its inspiring to hear stories of others who are still plugging away at life years after transplant.

Sorry its been difficult for you - but great you don't have GVHD. Fatigue and depression often go hand in hand and can be difficult - sounds like you are able to draw strength from your faith and loved ones - which should help you through dark times. Hopefully as you gain strength and energy you will fell less depression. For me, the transplant experience is a big lesson in learning patience.

I had been prone to mild depression most of my life - Now when I find myself thinking negative thoughts and on the brink of despair I remind myself of all the people who helped me through the transplant - from my donor, doctors, nurses and family to people I hardly knew who have told me they were praying for me -it helps change my focus from sadness to gratitude -

Stay well and stay strong. You'll be in my prayers.

Best wishes,
Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015