View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 30, 2010, 09:27 PM

Labs 7/30/10

Ron's being closely monitored for blood counts as he began Revlimid treatment wed (7/28/10).

Today's Labs: HGB 9.0, HCT 26%, WBCs 4.5, NEU 76%, PLT 71.
Ron did not need a transfusion, and we're very happy with his WBCs and that his Neutrophils are 76%.

He does not feel good at all though. No energy at all and very tired. (His condition has been like this for the past 4-5 wks). He seems very depressed to me too... <poor guy>. I really just want him to start feeling good again and have quality of life... I think this is what we all strive for...

Ron's complaining of a lot of pain. He had joint aches as he started losing energy, just before he had to go into the hosp a few weeks ago.

And now, Ron's complaining that his legs ache. (As though it's "inside" his bone). And, he has developed those dreaded night fevers again. Matter of fact, over the past several days, he has had a steady low grade fever that does increase at night. Right now, he's at 102F. We have him iced down...(neck, head, cartroid artery area)... that's what we use to have to do before he responded to Vidaza. If it continues to climb, we'll have to take him back into the hospital. Right now, I'm pretty comfortable because his WBCs are normal range and he's also on preventative antibiotic. So, we can standfast.... just for a while, but, then, will have to take him in if it doesn't start going back down...

I'm praying for some relief for Ron.... He's had a tough battle this past 5-6 wks. (Just feeling so very bad). Please keep Ron in your prayers....

Hugs,
Cindy
Cindy, wife of Ron 66 dx w/MDS(RARS)Feb'09,Vidaza 13mons. BMB 2/10 -5q/increased blasts. Watch/wait May-Jul10. Revlimid Jul-Aug10:A-Fib. BMB Aug18, 12%blasts. MDS to AML. Induction completed 9/21/10. BMB Oct10:CR. Consolidaton:10/25/10. Dacogen Dec27-29. SCT on Hold. Fevers/Nt sweats Jan11.