View Single Post
Old Thu May 5, 2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrellypoo View Post
Hi Laura.

Oh I'm so glad you posted, even though it's not happy news. I think for those of us who are beyond the initial transplant stages, it's easy to forget that people still want to hear updates, even when we no longer have the big day milestone events anymore.

Did your fatigue coincide with all your gut issues (though I suppose if both existed for the full post-transplant time, it's hard to say)? I'm just wondering if perhaps your gut issues are the cause of your fatigue, because if your body is constantly fighting something in your gut, then it seems to follow that you're going to be very tired because of it.

How has your work been through all this? I know you work a very physically intensive job so I'm hoping for your sake that they've been able to adjust your shifts to help accommodate this.

And since we've been hairstyle buddies for the past 20ish months, have you been able to have your first barely-there ponytail yet? I put my hair up for the first time last week, though half of it did fall out right away!

melissa
Good thoughts on the fatigue...while I don't doubt it contributes to the fatigue I honestly feel like the fatigue is a completely different issue on its own. I feel like something else isn't right. I have this bad, progressive fatigue that is severe. I am always exhausted/fatigued 24 hours a day. I never feel refreshed. I have never felt like this post transplant like I do now.

My nurse manager is not helping matters. However, my fatigue is so severe I just can't work.

Yes, I can pull it up but the top falls right out too

How are you?

Laura