View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 18, 2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
Hi,

I'm so sorry to read of Jorge's relapse. Did his doctors try to salvage him with Cyclosporine alone at first?

I've read that people with good responses the first time around usually have good responses again the second time. I know that does not help with the discouragement of having to go through this process again, but it least it can give you encouragement that he will get stronger again.

How long was your husband on Cyclosporine? How quickly did he taper? Hopefully, the doctors will learn from this experience and will adjust things so that he will be one of the success stories of the future Stay positive!
Everything happened so quickly!

In January his doctor told he was a "case of success". Cyclosporine was been taping since it began in June 2008 (I'm not sure if I understand tapping concept). As far I understand, it was been decreasing from 300 mg to 250 in the fisrt 6 months. Then, decreasig until January 2010 when it stopped.
In May, his platelets were dropping and his doctor want him to have another mielogram and bone biopsy which found AA again. Doctos decided ATG 2nd course. My husband asked if it was not possible to try cyclosporine again. His doctor explain that his bone marrow was so aplasic that it was better to go to ATG trying to avoid an uncontrolled situation. His Platelets count was dropping 20 every week.

Jorge went to ATG without problems.
His CBC is improving. Yesterday: Platelets - 104; Neutrophils - 1900; Hb - 9.6
Just after ATG his CBC was: Platelets - 6; Neutrophils - 200; Hb - 6

Doctor prescribed Neulasta to white blood cells development - this time Jorge has been receiving this shots every 2 weeks. But then yesterday he was almost desperate because he heard that these shots can lead to MDS.
Is it true?

He is still very tired, doesnt want to do nothing.
He is receiving psychological help but I see no improvement in his psychological state. Maybe because I am no help, also (I am receiving psychological help as well).

Thank you for trying to help when I was really down!