View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 1, 2014, 08:37 AM

Smile Hope this will help. All is on a CD I can send you.

Attached is every decision on MDS/AML related to Agent Orange that has gone before the Board of Veterans Appeals. They go from 1992 thru the end of 2013. There are only 111 decisions from the thousands of cases of MDS/AML being treated by the VA amongst Vietnam "Era" veterans. As of 2010, there were 2,857 Vietnam era veterans with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma that had been or were being by the VA and 14% had died. There were 4,031 with MDS/AML and 40% had died.*

That is most likely why the regions (at the direction(?) of the VA in Washington) have stonewalled my FOIA requests for information on decisions rendered at the regional level.

If you go through each one that was approved it will give you a good idea of what you need to present. That isn't the end of it though. In my personal case, my claim (http://www4.va.gov/vetapp09/files4/0930914.txt) was approved by the BVA in DC and returned to Saint Petersburg to be rated. Saint Petersburg opined that while MDS/AML was cancer, in my case the cancer wasn't malignant - - - zero percent disabling.

HgB 10.1, HCT 30.8, RBC 2.7 (RCMD RS) but still climbing trees in Georgia to havest deer and wild hogs. I have been blessed!

*FOIA request 10-10709-F (Veterans' Affairs own numbers)

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx MDS_2007(1).xlsx (68.1 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Bob Macfarlane : Sat Mar 1, 2014 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Additional information