View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 3, 2011, 11:13 PM

Dad diagnosed with mds please read i need advice

Diagnosed with MD's 11/2010. He is being treated with revlimid and hydroxurea. This has been hard for us. I am struggling with how to help my dad. He is a proud man and wants to be strong and he keeps on refusing help and tells me when he needs it he will ask. I love my father so much and I want to respect his wish but I also want to make every moment I have with him count. I just find myself crying and wishing this never happened he is only 63 years old. I hate to watch him go through this. Someone please help me. Right now his platelet were over a million his hemoglobin at 8.0 and they have him on revlmid hydroxurea and angrrliad to keep his platelets down. He has not been feeling to good with all this medicine and is telling me to stay home don't come over etc.. he has been doing good for a month or so we thought they were regulating him finally and then all of a sudden his numbers. go crazy.