View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 7, 2011, 11:36 PM

Update and side effects

Hi all!

I just wanted to give you all an update on my treatment and get your feedback on how it's going. I feel like it's going pretty well so far.

I was diagnosed with Very Severe AA and started Horse ATG around September 6th. I have continued with cyclosporin and as of today my WBC is 2.7, RBC is 7.6 and plates are 37k. I had no neutrophils prior to treatment and now they are at 1400. My numbers seem to be going in the right direction and my transfusions are becoming less frequent. Plates every week and a half and red blood every two weeks or so. I don't have a sibling BM match so I am praying this does the trick.

I do have some side effects I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on. I was very active prior to this (ran a 5k two weeks before I was diagnosed) and am having some joint discomfort. Knees and hips mostly. I have read HTG can be a culprit but wanted to see if anyone had any personal examples or suggestions. I want to start getting more active (slowly of course) but I feel like my grandpa!

God bless you all and thanks for the support!