Thread: Some good news.
View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 7, 2010, 10:25 AM

Some good news.

Just seen my oncologist and my blood count has gone up by seven points, so we are both very pleased. I was diagnosed with MDS in January 2008, and in July he discovered that I am 5q-, so he applied for me to take Revlimid. I started taking it in October 2009, and the blood count went from 75 to ll5. Since then it has dropped a point or two each time, so I was a little concerned that it was losing its effectiveness. However, now it is ll9, which is the best it has been in a long time and I am feeling really great. Such a change from last year, when I could hardly drag one foot after the other.
Also, I now take meditation classes at our local Wellspring, and I am convinced that the healing meditations I am learning there are helping me too.
So I want to share the good news with my Marrowforums friends.
I find Marrowforums very interesting, and the recent webinar put out by the Association was very good too. In Canada we have AAMAC, and we just had a very good Education Day, when we listened to many oncologists and were able to ask questions and talk to them individually. This is a confusing disease and it's good to talk to others who have it and exchange information.
Best wishes to you all.