View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 4, 2008, 04:22 PM

Smile Any info about Sirolimus trials?

I am considering trying the Sirolimus/Cyclosporin clinical trial currently being held.

I was treated with ATG/Cyclo in December 2006 and had a great response for a few months, then my marrow began to lose cellularity again. It is now at 10%, but I am hanging in there with 2 units of red blood every 2 months.

I would like to participate in a trial because I want to contribute to others with this disease, now and in the future.

My readings of this and other forums reveals that there has been little success with Sirolimus (anecdotally), so I am wondering if this is the best trial for me. After all, the ATG was successful the first time, and my doc and I are pretty convinced that the Cyclo taper was too fast, and that my need to take Diltiazem for a cardiac rythym problem, which has since been fixed (yay!). We all know that the ATG is pretty harsh, so my doc thinks that I have the luxury of time to do a trial with something less harsh.

The other problem with this trial is that I will have to make 10 roundtrips from Hawaii to LA to participate (unless they cut me some slack on this!).

Anybody have any feedback or suggestions? TIA