View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 8, 2009, 08:29 AM

Thanks Dick and Neil.

Sorry for yesterday's despair. I am trying to keep that from my partner so I let it out on the net. My partner's spirits are quite good. I think that is because he doesn't fully understand what he has, but then again, you never know someone's true strength even after living and sharing life's ups and downs for 23 years. It's just that yesterday was the day after the doctor told us his initial diagnosis is MDS. Later that evening when we turned off all the lights to go to bed my parnter asked me, what did the doctor say I have? I said, MDS. He says, oh okay. I couldn't help looking at my partner as a child. It broke my heart, but I didn't show that to him hence my dispairing remarks yesterday. I basically vented my dispair here so I'm sorry it wasn't very uplifting. Our family is basically my aged parents so I try not to "unload" too much on them. My father and mother insist that he can have their bone marrow, it's naive but very touching. My partner's parents died when he was a teenager.

His bone marrow aspiration is tomorrow. Then Nov. 6th 2009 we will be told what type of MDS he has. Lord have mercy on his sweet soul. And thank you so much for providing this outlet for people going through this. I wish everyone here the best. I have read many of the stories and they have provided feeling of hope to me. I know we can manage this desease and I know I can come here for information to help us.

Thanks again,
George