View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 18, 2009, 01:45 AM

Wink

George, I hope you are doing better and have found a little peace. I remember over 20 years ago when my husband was in the hospital and we had been told he had bladder cancer. I was standing at the end of the hall looking out the window watching it rain and crying. A sweet lady came up and put her arms around me and said the words that I will always say to my self again and again "Honey, he isn't going to die tonight, nor tomorrow, enjoy all the days you have left." We have and still are enjoying each day since he was diagnosed with MDS in June/09. I rmember the first night we went to bed and cried together and talked about our life togeher. We have been married 53+ years and I cannot remember my life before him. But after he had gone to sleep those words came to me again. Honey he isn't going to die tonight, nor tomorrow, enjoy all the days you have left. Some of our days are worse than others but until the Lord calls one of us home, we are
going to enjoy each other fully. God bless you and your partner. I have no idea what your ages are, but that has no bearing on how lost you will be without him, but enjoy each day from this day forward.
ann