View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 17, 2015, 06:54 PM

Worried, need help

I’m a *healthy* 34 year old male. Problem is for the past 5 years my blood tests have been getting all sorts of weird and now they are scaring me. About 5 years ago my wbc was low (4 I think), ran some tests, found nothing and moved on. WBC has been low ever since (but stable-ish 2.6 – 4.0). Last year my platelets came back at 111. Scary part was after I looked back through my yearly records I noticed my platelets have been falling steadily since I first started getting regular cbc’s. Went through a battery of tests including a bone marrow biopsy. It came back mild hypoplasia but nothing he seemed concerned about.

Here is the freaky part. When my blood doctor gave me the results he mentioned *possible* mds though when I asked him about it at a later apt after I researched it he said, “No, there was nothing in biopsy to indicate that.” Obviously I know there was because I didn’t just pull it out of the air to research it. Anyways, I digress. Am I worrying myself to death over nothing? He seems to think its probably a very slow moving bone disorder. He seems to think its nothing. I should note that almost everything else on my cbc is relatively normal, I’ve had probably 20 so and there have been some oddities that were like .1% outside normal range but nothing consistent. RBC is stable and normal, WBC is low but stable, platelets were falling but seemed to be stable around 105 ish for the last 6 months. I have my yearly checkup this week so it got me all concerned again.

I should end with I have no symptoms, and am physically fit, though I could stand to build some muscle. Does this look like AA or MDS? Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate any input.