Thread: ATg response
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 7, 2011, 11:56 PM

ATg response time - Give it time!

Hello All,

Just wanted to chime in with my personal experience with Horse ATg - Months 1 -3 - transfusions every two weeks or so, Months 4 - 6 - every two and a half weeks, Months 7 - 9 - every month (big improvement!), but by Months 9 - 12 - every 8 weeks! My last transfusion was in the fifteenth month post-ATg.

Certainly took long enough! but that was two years ago now, and my counts have stayed pretty constant - Hgb averaging 10.7, WBC in the 4s and 5s, and platelets averaging 105K - not incredible counts, but certainly respectable.

I was given a choice at one year to repeat ATg, or wait, and I'm glad I did. My bone marrow finally decided to kick in, and do its thing. Now if I could just get rid of the PNH.... just started Soliris last week... but that's another story.

Just want to encourage you to be patient, and give your bone marrow time to recover, and work the way it should. I know how downright depressing it is to have low counts, and to know on the way to the lab they will be low, because you feel lousy, and have all the symptoms - the pounding in your ears, the debilitating fatigue, the headaches.... But it WILL get better - trust your body.

By the way, Dr. Scheinberg is 'one cool dude' who knows his stuff!