View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 4, 2013, 09:00 AM

When I last saw Dr. M about six weeks ago, I ask him some general questions about autoimmune disease. He then went into a lecture on the the two main theories of the cause for them. It was intended as much for his fellow, and another young doctor who was there, as much as it was for me. I couldn't quite keep up, but the two doctors later thanked me for asking the question.

He recently discovered that I have a certain mutation to my Tcells. I am the only PRCA patient to have this, and it is rare in his AA and MDS patients. It is common in 70% of his LGL patients. Forty percent of LGL patients have autoimmune diseases such as RA and lupus. Research is being done. I think they are trying to find a common link among certain autoimmune diseases.
Dallas, Texas - Age 81 - Pure Red Cell Aplasia began March 2005 - Tried IVIG - Then cyclosporine and prednisone. Then Danazol, was added. Then only Danazol . HG reached 16.3 March 2015. Taken off all meds. Facebook PRCA group https://www.facebook.com/groups/PureRedCellAplasia/

Last edited by triumphe64 : Mon Nov 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Additional material and corrections.