View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 7, 2011, 06:42 PM

possible relapse

Hi! I have been a member for a while but this is my first post. I was diagnosed with AA in Sept of 2008. I had a white count of 1.8, platelets were 18,000 and hematocrit was 15. I had a lot of the same symptoms that many of you have experienced, feeling tired, bruising without knowing how, pale skin. I also had a pulsating sound in my ears whenever I exerted myself.

After the first bone marrow biopsy the doctor thought I might have myelodysplastic syndrome. But after a lot of blood transfusions and waiting, and not having a matched sibling donor, they did another biopsy and discovered it was Aplastic Anemia. I had ATG and was on Cyclosporine for around 9 months. I had a great response, at the highest I had 109 for platelets, a white count of 3.0 and hematocrit of 36. That was around 6 months ago. Then the counts started to drop..now I have 30h/2.3wc/50,000p. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen so soon. It's been a little over two years. My doctor is going to do another biopsy in the spring to see what is going on. I am just really anxious to see what the next step is going to be. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks