Thread: Nutritionist?
View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 24, 2016, 08:36 PM

Nutritionist?

Hi all,

I have been following the posts here for a while, and would like to first off say thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences, it has been invaluable in providing help and information. My mother was diagnosed with MDS three years ago, we have not tried any conventional medicine other than transfusions and since then her hemoglobin has dropped to about 6.5. I am not completely opposed to using medication at this point, but my mother would also like to try using nutrition to help herself. Due to her already very healthy diet and lifestyle, she has remained remarkably healthy (knock on wood) in spite of the drop in hemoglobin. We have already been to see a few nutritionists, but hours and hundreds of dollars later we walked away with little information we didn't know before. What I'm looking for is an actual professional who can look at her history of blood test results and tailor a specific nutritional/supplemental program, not just print out a chart of foods to eat for blood type B ( I too have access to the Internet, thank you). While I know that there is no combination that is going to be a quick magic bullet, I was genuinely hoping to find someone who could at least guide us in the right direction of health building foods and supplements that won't interfere with each other, her disease, and her specific body metabolism. I've gone as far as I can on my own, and at this point I think I need some help. Would any of you be able to recommend such a person? I live in the Chicagoland area, but for somebody worthwhile would be willing to travel or pay for a teleconference. Thank you!!!
Kind regards,
Anna