View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 7, 2019, 03:47 PM

Shadowii,

I have had Klebsiella infections twice post transplant. The first time I was in the hospital and had just received my new stem cells. Doctors caught it early and it was cleared up within three days. The second time was related to my trifusion port about 2 years later. Fortunately it was when I was in for treatment that the infection spiked, so once again it was caught early and cleared up.

The funny thing about transplant related infections is that they have as high or higher mortality rate in the general population as compared to the transplant patients because doctors are looking for them to happen, so treatment begins more quickly and is more effective.

That being said, always treat fevers and illness symptoms seriously as a caregiver and patient because they can get out of hand quickly with the compromised immune system.

Dan
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.