Thread: Venetoclax
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 23, 2019, 03:10 PM

Starting Veneyoclax

I spoke to the doc today. We will be starting Venetoclax as soon as tomorrow if there is a bed. The stepping up process will be done over days not months. Starting at 100mg on first day to 600mg on day 4. Normally it is up to 400mg over 5 to 6 months. It will also be in conjunction with 10 days of cytoterabine chemo injections at a lower dose then I had in induction chemo which I failed. I could be in hospital for a week due to the risk of tumour lysis which can be fatal. It is because of the dying cells being targeted releasing toxins amino acids into the bloodstream. I will have a very nervous wait of 1 or 2 months to see if it works. It can be that quick to get to remission. As per other member Alicekay who is down to 3% blasts. Boy have I had a rollercoaster ride and I think this is the end to my options. Im scared but have been inspired by Teddy Roosevelt to step into the arena again. My new mantra from Roosevelt.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
Dx June 2013 MDS del 5q and 7t. Further chromosone changes August 2017. Lenolidomide and 10 months on Azacytadine failed. Transition to AML August 2018 failed induction chemo. Trial drug FT2101 failed at 6 months. Next on Venetoclax with cytoterabine.