View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 20, 2016, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailie View Post
My theory (probably wrong, but I like it) is that this situation greatly shortened my telomeres and caused my relapse. Up until that time I was 100 percent donor cells. My relapse was strange in that none of the genetic mutations prior to transplant have appeared. Instead, I relapsed to AML and the "Philadelphia chromosome" which is a translocation of the 9th and 22nd chromosome (very rare).
Hi Baille!

Very interesting about the Prednisone. With my pancreatitis, I was prescribed 60mg per data first. But the hospital staff inadvertently gave me 120 mg in about twelve hours. That prompted a psychotic break with vibrant hallucinations lasting over at least a two day period. They eventually brought me down with haldol, I am told. It was a wild ride for someone who never dropped acid, I can tell you. This leads me to suspect that I am pretty susceptible to Prednisone.

When I left the hospital on 50mg per day, my HGB suddenly rose into the 12s for a few weeks, but then dropped precipitously once the taper began.

It all does lead me to suspect the prednisone as contributing to the worsening of my disease, but I doubt there is a way to establish that. And it did close up the hole in my belly, for which I am grateful.

Thanks!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com