Thread: MDS Low Risk
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 17, 2017, 08:27 AM

majorindy

Hi there, Yes i have low risk,i was diagnosed some 6 years ago and have my transfusions every 6 weeks. I started with transfusions 10 weeks apart now its 6 possibly 7 weeks..i keep reasonably ok otherwise.

My red cell count drops very fast sometimes, for instance I can be 98 red cell then in 8 days be 72 .It,s something that's been happening in the past 2 years , I keep a close eye on it, at around 5 weeks, getting tested every third day.Just to make sure i don't end up in an ambulance as i live alone and have had one situation ending up in intensive care with a Hb of 67 with my heart failed and kidney, they managed to stablise things...Now im a tad carefull of that happening again...that was in April of this year.
I had my usual blood test and my Physician forgot to check my results!!I don't have that doctor anymore...

Like I said we are all different

I hope this helps, getting a good working relationship with one Doctor who knew this complaint,for me was really important, it took a good 2 years to find that doctor.
I do a lot of research choosing reliable information, from reliable sources hospitals universities etc... the knowledge on this site, is amazing, I have learnt such a lot here.
best wishes marylee-jane

Last edited by marylee-jane : Tue Oct 17, 2017 at 08:39 AM.