View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 1, 2017, 07:59 AM

Hi Ritu - Welcome and I'm sorry to hear of your mom's diagnosis. This is an insidious disease, that keeps us on our toes at all times. As I am sure you have heard, when starting Vidaza many times the counts will go down before they go up - so the good news is that your moms all went up after the first round - except for the whites, which isn't unusual. Going into Round 11, my husband's counts are all back to normal - except for the whites.
As far at the breathing problems, it could be just related to the disease itself and hopefully if she continues to respond to the Vidaza the breathing problem will resolve itself. My husband only had 6% blasts when he started his first round of Vidaza, but his symptoms were so significant, trouble breathing, couldn't walk more than 10 steps, fevers, etc. that he was hospitalized for a week trying to get to the bottom of everything. When everything else was ruled out, they figured his symptoms were just a result of the disease making itself heard. How old is your mom? Have they discussed transplant at all?