View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 24, 2009, 10:44 PM

6 month - BMB Results

Ron completed his full 28-Day of this 6th cycle of Vidaza on the clinical trial e1905 w/o MS-275 and received his BMB on the day he would have normally started his 7th cycle of treatment. We received notification yesterday that his BMB revealed good results, and he qualifies to remain on the clinical trial... But we meet with the Dr next Wed to discuss details of the BMB and the treatment. The Vidaza will begin again on Wed, Sep 30th. And we'll just continue on the same treatment protocol for now... unless Wed reveals something else....

Initially, Ron's BMB showed Blasts under 5%. I'm not exactly sure what the exact blasts were the first time. I have the BMB, but, it's difficult to interpret, but, I will ask on Wed. Right now, Ron's BMB shows 0.7% blasts, and the staff is very happy with that. We were hoping for no blasts, but, we'll wait for next results and continue to pray...

We were a bit disappointed that there were still some remaining blasts, but, I guess we need to be patient and at the same time, be thankful that Ron's feel wonderful and that we're able to get out and about some.

It's just depressing sometimes, as I'm sure all who read these posts know... I mean, you'll have something planned, like, we had tickets to the Tenn Vs Auburn Football game, and we're having to try to unload the tkts we bought. Everything would have been fine, as we had planned around the Chemo weeks, based on the schedule, prior to the BMB, and now, the treatment has shifted and we're having to miss the game and will probably have to cancel another trip we had planned the end of November... Argh...

I know, it's a "Pity Party"... but, every now and then, we're all entitled to one :-)

Sincerely,
Cindy