Since aplastic anemia, MDS, and PNH are rare diseases, other patients in your area may also be "rare." That's one of the reasons for Marrowforums
, which lets patients connect online. Still, finding other patients in your geographic region can provide an additional avenue of support.
In addition to browsing, searching, or posting in the Marrowforums Your Local Area
forum, you can:
- Ask your local hospital or treatment center about local support groups or upcoming lectures or meetings. You might also work with them to start a local support group.
- Take advantage of the AA&MDSIF Peer Support Network, or join the network as a volunteer.
- In Canada, contact the AAMAC about local support groups, regional meetings, or peer-to-peer support.
- Attend an AA&MDSIF Patient and Family Conference.
- Contact organizations listed on our Resources page.
- Join and participate in other forum systems.
- If you are considering or facing a bone marrow or stem cell transplant, take advantage of the BMT InfoNet Patient-to-Survivor program or the National Bone Marrow Transplant Link Peer Support on Call program.