View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 14, 2018, 11:25 AM

Hi Barb. You ask a good question. I had a reduced intensity transplant for PNH 6 yrs ago. In respect to my experience, I began feeling A LOT better soon after my transplant, primarily because I was no longer anemic. PNH causes your red blood cells to die off quickly, in case you are unaware of the disease. You obviously know that your dr's will not want you around a lot of ppl for a while after your transplant bcse your immune system will be compromised. You will also have a lot of dr's appointments, travel time, after effects of the treatments, etc etc. GVHD, if you have an unrelated donor is also common. My advice would be to give yourself a few months of focusing on your recovery b4 attempting any sort of work related activities. The whole transplant experience is hard on your body both physically and mentally, and it's best to focus on your recovery for a while afterwards.

Mario