Thread: Chlorophyll?
View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 18, 2006, 07:59 PM

Wendy, I was a bit confused as to the chlorophyll-iron connection you seem to be concerned about, so I did a quick google search and found this site:

http://www.springboard4health.com/no...lorophyll.html

You've probably read it already, but according to them, crude (not pure) chlorophyll could be beneficial in building Hgb, and I can't see why it would cause iron overload, in fact it says: "chlorophyll closely resembles hemin, the pigment which combines to form hemoglobin. ........ one of the major differences between chlorophyll and hemin is that chlorophyll contains magnesium while the hemin molecule contains iron as its central atom." So if anything, wouldn't it help reduce iron overload? I'll admit my understanding of this is not that great, but why do you feel it might adversely affect his iron?

They do make a distinction between pure and crude chlorophyll, though, and it says that pure chlorophyll in high doses is toxic to the marrow, whereas crude chlorophyll is favorable to Hgb generation, so you'd better make sure what you're getting.

I'll bet Marla would know something about this. As far as I know she hasn't registered here, but if you want I can send you her email address. She still remembers you and I'm sure would be happy to help out.