View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 6, 2016, 04:48 PM

Dan92 - I don't mind you asking at all. I hope I don't offend anyone when I tell you what happened.

I was all ready for transplant, having come through all the pre-testing, when I began to feel very uncomfortable about the process. My transplant haematologist had fully informed us of the risks - basically (approx) 30% chance of permanent success, 30% of death as a result of the transplant (GVHD, etc) and 30% not successful and back to square 1. Before having my next biopsy I prayed that if I wasn't meant to go for transplant God would reduce my blasts to safe levels. That is what happened. The haematologist was amazed and had the results checked 3 times. So far I've remained stable. I feel I am on "borrowed time" and responsible to live my life in gratefulness.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.