View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 11, 2016, 03:46 PM

Barbara, I am not saying you don’t have neutropenia, just suggesting some things to explore that may be helpful overall. I certainly did not intend to offend you. We are no strangers to neutropenia. The reason I suggested getting checked for H.Pylori is because you can have the bacteria and not be symptomatic. But once your immune system is compromised, infections can take hold and it can affect your gums. Many infections, occurring while neutropenic, are from latent viruses, fungus or low-grade bacterial infections already within a person. The infection needs to be treated. Medical references cannot confirm anything. An accurate diagnosis is needed. If you are not satisfied with your doctor, you may have to find another. Second and third opinions would be warranted as well as checking your water from contaminates.

I apparently misunderstood why you are posting and what you expect to get from this forum, but know that everyone here just wants to help.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.