View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 07:22 PM

Mike Conlon

When first Dx all counts were low. I took 3 scripts, 6 pills per day to ward off various possible infections. My understanding is Procrit is for RA. Your husband still basically has MDS. Why isn't he being treated with a drug such as Dacogen. My limited base of knowledge is if you are recieving blood transfusions you need treatment, not just diet changes or vitamin shots. For instance, what was the % of blasts in your husbands bone marrow test. There were several false starts, but I was Dx in May, 2007 with 12% blasts. I immediately started Dacogen and blasts dropped below 2% by the end of 2007. I was in total remission in January, 2009. I tend to think I might be the exception to the rule. I admittedly don't have all the answers, but I question why your husband is only recieving Procrit. I don't doubt your message at all, it just seems that something is missing. I would like to hear more about your husband's total diagnosis and treatment. Best wishes.

Last edited by Mike Conlon : Wed Mar 18, 2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: make good changes