View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 19, 2009, 09:37 AM

i completely understand the confusionmy husband was dx jan.08 with RAEB-1 intermediate MDS 5% blasts needed transfusions twice he was started on vidaza and procrite and neupogen after 5 rounds of vidaza and anothe bmb he had no blasts and was transfusion independent in sept. of 08 he was in remission and on watch and wait at checkup in dec. his red cells were still good but platlets were 99 i assume thats thousand i still havnt learned all the language yet so dr. made appointment for another bmb blasts were still lower than 5% but platlets were 56 red was 11.8 so started vidaza again and said he would continue on it until it doesnt work anymore also had chromozone 21 we dont know what that means but i dont think its goodlast week got a platlet infusion b/c they were at 17 and this week blood transfusion b/c red was at 7.6 and a slight fever hes on a lot of antibiotics and that better i feel like there is going to be another bmb soon she ( the dr.) is seeing him weekly now. i am very worried. also receiving procrit every mon. and neupogen 3 times a week