View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 3, 2010, 01:33 PM

Good afternoon folks,

I am for sure going to meet with Mary Ellen McCarthy of the US Senate Veteran's Affairs Committee. Awaiting word from the US House of Representatives Veteran's Affairs Committee.

God works in mysterious ways. Should have made my reservation to return to Atlanta on July 13th at the end of the conference. He took over and made me make the mistake of booking it for July 14th. The person we, John Huber Director of AA/MDSIF and I, will meet with is only available on the 14th!

This email is to beg any of you that have personal VA correspondence on AA or MDS, positive or negative, to get it scanned and emailed to me. Time is short. Doug I have yours and thank you. It should be very helpful.

Any of you that are not familiar with the Aplastic Anemia / Myelodysplastic Syndrome International Foundation need to bookmark their site. The should be an extremely powerful and important statement coming from the AA/MDSIF in the next few weeks. The URL is http://www.aamds.org/aplastic/ These guys are fighting for our rights as 'Nam vets with those diseases.

Hopefully, I will see some of you at the conference in Bethesda. Just look for the over weight, balding, white haired, old fart that speaks too loud. 'Nam did nothing for my hearing either. Probably have the service ribbon on my lapel and / or be wearing a 'Nam vet cap.

Have a safe and blessed Fourth of July. Above all, you fellow 'Nam vets understand that Freedom is Never Free. Welcome Home Bro's.

Never ever give up or they win! TENACITY!!!

God bless you all and may He wrap His hedge of protection about those serving this great nation now. Any of you that don't believe, please remember that at the end it will be smoking or non-smoking.

Bob Macfarlane
Disabled Vietnam Veteran and proud to have been allow to serve this nation

Attached Images
File Type: jpg never_give_up_small.jpg (36.8 KB, 92 views)