View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 24, 2013, 03:12 PM

So he was readmitted the following Tuesday for the back pain at my insistence. The pain is some better controlled but occasionally requiring IV morphine. I have been concerned that they have over medicated him because his mental confusion has greatly increased. He was sleeping hard and hard to arouse. Sunday he started having hallucinations. So now they are backing him off pain meds and feel the higher doseages of cyclosporine causes the tremors and hallucinations. He got a MRI of the brain today to see if it is the cyclosporine Because he has been mostly in the bed sleeping he's had a partial collapse of a lung. CT scan today as well. He's been running a low grade fever for several days and has some nasal congestion. Nausea has been a major issue as well fir the last few days. He has really long hair and it has started to come out today. Today is +14 day and the only promising number is his WBC is up from 0.1 from yesterday to 0.3 today. The docs don't seem concerned that we are not seeing those numbers go us more significantly. (I am...). He's on water restriction and receiving saline IV because his sodium level is very low at 123. But with all of this he seems better than yesterday.

A nice jump to just an even 1.0 would give our spirits a really needed boost. Maybe tomorrow