For many years the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
(AA&MDSIF) has held an annual Patient Conference for AA, MDS, and PNH patients and their families. In recent years the AA&MDSIF has also held a number of one-day conferences in selected cities, with an MDS session in the morning/early afternoon and an AA session in the late afternoon.
For 2011 the AA&MDSIF has combined these conferences into a series of one-day, multi-track conferences around the country for AA, MDS, and PNH patients and their families. Conference attendance will be free. Those who want to stay overnight will be offered discounted hotel rates.
2011 Patient Conferences (click for details):
- Phoenix, AZ - Saturday, March 26, 2011
- Boston, MA - Saturday, May 14, 2011
- Cleveland, OH - Saturday, June 11, 2011
- San Francisco, CA - Saturday, July 23, 2011
- Minneapolis, MN - Saturday, September 24, 2011
- Tampa, FL - Saturday, October 22, 2011
Each conference will include parallel (simultaneous) sessions on topics related to AA, MDS, and PNH, plus sessions to help you live with and cope with these diseases. Patients and family members will be able to
- meet medical experts face-to-face
- hear about the latest treatments and medical research
- learn skills for managing life with a bone marrow failure disease: coping with illness and fatigue, nutrition and exercise, etc.
- have your questions answered
- learn how to be your own advocate for the best care
- get to know other patients and family members like yourselves
Plan to attend the one-day conference in the city closest to you. We'll post announcements and provide details (location, schedule, etc.) once conference registration opens.
Tip: If you want to be notified by email when there is news about these conferences at Marrowforums
, click here
and select Instant notification by email
from the drop-down list.