View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 6, 2013, 11:20 AM

I have been in pain and limping for 5 days. I went to the doc because I thought I may have been bitten by a spider, as I had a large pinky brown patch come up on the front of my thigh. It felt like bad bruising and felt warm which radiated down to my knee and the inside of my thigh up to the groin area. He said we will watch it, as we both could not find a bite and I was ok with that, as I really just wanted to confirm that I was ok to continue with my knee physio from a trip at work and knee op. Since then another patch has come up in my inner thigh which has some pink streaks running from it about 2 inches long. This is just down from where the previous boil erupted two months ago and is still a purple colour. I heal very slowly. I'm thinking it is just another staph infection now, but have no idea how since I have been on antibiotics for a couple of months.

I looked up cellulitis Chirley and some of the pics look a bit like that but more pink brown than red. Urgh I am so over staph infections and I certainly will not have a SCT until all staph is gone. Not that I am having one soon btw.

Any one else have similar symptoms?

Honey
Dx June 2013 MDS del 5q and 7t. Further chromosone changes August 2017. Lenolidomide and 10 months on Azacytadine failed. Transition to AML August 2018 failed induction chemo. Trial drug FT2101 failed at 6 months. Next on Venetoclax with cytoterabine.