Thread: In memoriam
View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 22, 2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey View Post
Hi Neil

I have a suggestion to put a section on your website to honour those members who have passed. It is not supposed to be morbid, but a place which could be used to inform others if someone has passed, a little about the person such as their age, type of MDS etc, and story, and especially a place where others can post their sympathies and memories of the member. Some I can see are close or have met.

I have nearly had foot in mouth wishing someone well, in an old post, only to find out later reading through another post that they had passed, as some notices about someone's passing is put in an unrelated post. It is also useful for some that may have been away from the forums for an amount of time or newbies.

I think those that battle this disease deserve their own acknowledgement and place to celebrate their life.

What do you think and members think? Again it is not supposed to be morbid or scary for those going through this process.

Honey

Honey, I think that is an excellent suggestion!

Patti
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013