View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 3, 2008, 07:21 AM

Another Pop Up Date

Hey all,

Pop had is blood test yesterday and received the rusults the culture of his mouth swab from last month. First, his culture revield that he has Candida albicans. It is pretty nasty, and he has to be on 10 days of Intravenous therapy. That means 10 trips to the hospital. He is not eligable for home helth nurse unless he quits all treatments. Odd. Mom just wants him to be comfortable in his last weeks, and this "crud" he has is really rough on him.

O.K. Blood. His results showed 13 on platelets, 8 on hemo and 23 on whites {whites still elevated} Today he gets platelets and 2 units of blood. I you remember, last week he only came up .3 of a point. He is in for a rough day today.

He has no strength in his lower body, and sleeps most of the day; however, mom says he gets nocturnal and wants to drink... a lot. She makes sure he has some power aid to keep his electrolite levels up.

When I go up to see him, he just listens while I rub his legs, or we just sit and enjoy each others company. His legs are really uncomfortable for him. O.k., that was a lie. I am Son of Bob, there really is not a quite moment there.

Thanks for the prayers.

Scott

SON OF BOB
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.