View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 2, 2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
Hi Mseth, Marlene

Yes I was reliant on transfusions for a year or so, Hg was down to 6.7 when diagnosed. I'd say my MDS is mild as in it used to go down 1-2 points a month rather than each week, and cytogenetics are normal.

I started v cautiously with the Thorne K2 drops and am now on these at 45mg daily http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Ortho.../dp/B00457KVBM
I think it took about 4 weeks for my blood count to improve slightly, and I relapsed when I stopped taking it so I must have a higher than normal need for it.

I also take vit D3 in the winter (3000iu spray), and 1mg B12 (methylcobalamin form), emulsified vitamin A (in small doses), shark liver oil, probiotics, magnesium, and wheatgrass. Diet-wise, I avoid gluten, cows milk and beans as much as possible, as these aggravate. I used to be almost vegan, but have found that I do better on a more paleo-style diet.

Mseth - from what I understand about gallbladder removal this can cause severe Bile Acid Malabsorption, so there may well be a link here.

Good luck everyone! x
Hi Lulu, i lookes up Bile Acid Malabsorption and you are right, Cholecystectomy is listed as a type 3 for Bile Acid Malabsorption though my mother does not have the symptom of chronic diarrhea. Are there tests and treatments for this specific condition?
Does this condition affect Vit K2 absorption or other nutrients too?
Any specific reason for moving from Thorne liquid K2 to the capsule form? Thanks in advance for your answers.