Thread: Foods to Avoid
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 08:21 PM

Thumbs up Foods to Avoid

I read that dairy products including cheese, yogurt and milk do not have a good effect on platelet production. I thought that meat was good because it had healthy forms of iron, but I just ordered a book on curing Aplastic Anemia and it mentioned that meat was not good. Sugar, caffeine and alcohol also inhibit the production of platelets and blood production. There are heme and non heme forms of iron and I thought steak and oysters were rich in iron for blood production. However, I am unsure about this because I just read a great book that represents various ways of healing Aplastic Anemia through diet. Soda is not good either. I also read that salt is not good.
Organic vegetables are good but I read in another place that they should be steamed because they could injure the inside of your body.
Foods from Buffets may have germs that increase risk of infection. I have to order out at times and I often wonder if that is safe but I have no choice. Anyway this is the info I have found.
It is also good to chew your food thoroughly and to avoid overeating or eating late at night. I just purchased an interesting book on eating to cure aplastic anemia and believe it is wonderful. I've decided to try some of the new juice remedies ASAP. This particular juice concoction is supposed to help increase platelet counts. Out with the negative of the Doctor saying She thinks I will need a bone marrow and into the positive of Taking Control of My Condition.