View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 13, 2013, 08:20 AM

Decided to opt transplant

Hello Everyone

I've decided that there will be no drama or complaints and to have faith that God will get me through this. I'm in my sixth month of treatment. My platelet counts are low but I haven't needed transfusions since January 25th. My white cells are falling and I needed two packages of blood March 1st. My doctor (who is a skilled professional in his field) said that he thinks I should halt the transplant since I have shown some hope. I have read these forums and survivor stories and I think I might be brave enough to take a chance. I am 38 years old and I have been diagnosed with severe aplastic anemia. They do not know the cause. I have been blessed by a doctor who has found 4 unrelated 10/10 matched donors. They explained all the risks and possible graft host rejection and death. My appointment is in April and I will follow up with everyone about my experience. I have decided to go shopping and purchase some things to occupy me while I'm there. I think some spiritual material, wigs and writing journals may help. I am also going to purchase some beautiful wigs since my appearance is important to me. I've decided to eat well and do some light exercise every day until I am ready. I thank everyone on this site (including squirrelypoo) who has shared their experience, strength and hope. I do believe that I will push through this. Oh yes and attitude is important. If I can overcome other things than all things are possible with Christ.