View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 25, 2014, 04:03 AM

Danazol started...

With thanks to marrow forum advice, I brought the possibility of Danazol as a treatment up with my Dad's doctor. And this evening he has just had his first dose. I did read in the research that there wasn't much success (if any) for Very Severe Aplastic Anemia but it is something. And something is better than nothing! So now Dad is continuing with Cyclosporine and Danazol.

We still haven't given up the idea of privately sourcing some Eltrombopag. I am writing to the Doctor to ask what suggestions he has and whether he will back up my letter to Glaxosmithkline. My brother is going to try and find it in various locations when he travels for his work at a hopefully cheaper rate. He is going to Europe and Middle East so fingers crossed he comes across a source.

Dad is in hospital at the moment fighting what was an unknown infection. My mother was the one who found it. She was helping him shower yesterday and found a black lump at the base of his spine. No wonder he was uncomfortable sitting! No one else had found it - and now it is being drained and HOPEFULLY that one will be taken care of and we can get infection free again. Each infection we find and beat is another day he is with us. And I had thought infection meant colds and flus. Oh what a steep learning curve this has been!
Father 72 has been diagnosed VSAA June 2014, was on cyclosporine as first treatment 06/2014 - 09/2014. 8 weeks after diagnosis doctor believe he would not survive ATG Treatment. GCSF 3 weeks Aug 2014 Currently on Eltrombopag 09/14 Danazol 25/08/14.