View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 26, 2007, 09:33 AM

Smile Thanks for the reply!!

There are no Chromosone abnormalities. As for the "being treated" maybe I wasn't specific. He has been anemic for 6 - 8 years although he was not being treated with blood products/medication. He was just being watched. We just went to the Dr. yesterday, and again his white cells are low so no chemotherapy. He will get 2 units of blood today. It just seems like since February, it is a monthly thing to get blood. This scares me to death!! Although I am used to the appointments/treatment schedules (dealt with mom's cancer treatments) he is very impatient and thinks there should be immediate results.

I have also googled the items you suggested. The range is so broad.......3-6 months......3-5 years........I understand that the disease is specific to the person, but you would think that they would all get "together" and compare notes!!

His hematoligist is great!! She is trying to keep him from progressing to AML. I asked the Dr. about procrit.....he produces enough of that on his own. So that wouldn't help him.

Cancer/Leukemia is such a debilitating disease!! I will keep you in my prayers!! Please keep in touch as it is nice to have someone to talk to about the disease as my uncle doesn't want to talk about it in depth.

Thanks again for the reply......I appreciate it more than you know.....

Rhonda