Thread: Dacogen
View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 8, 2012, 03:36 PM

Cool Treated with Dacogen

Greg - Very good question!! The dacogen has been my "wonder drug" for 3 years now, and think it was selected by "the toss of a coin". But, seriously, a PA working with my doctor had just attended a conference (June '09)and "heard that Dacogen's success rates were very good"! And, don't quote me, but I, in talking with others, seem to think Dacogen has less harsh side effects (mine being mild constipation, some slight fatigue and washed out feeling--for short periods of time--after the treatments every 4 weeks).
Dacogen can also bring down white counts, but for me, they bounce back up! I'm also glad to hear that there are combinations of drugs to try when needed!

One other note why Dacogen is preferred over Vidaza. The Dacogen schedule is alot more convenient for some patients. Dacogen is usually 5 days a week,
M-F, 1 hr per day, and I believe Vidaza is 7 day regimen, M-F and then Mon & Tues of the following week.

Last edited by kgtuck : Sun Jul 8, 2012 at 10:42 PM.