View Single Post
Old Fri May 25, 2012, 07:42 PM

Thanks Marlene.

I don't have a cardiologist. When I was in my early 20s I was referred to a cardiologist and was diagnosed with Paroxysmal Supraventricular tachycardia and a grade something or other pre systolic murmur.

I outgrew both problems and haven't been to a cardiologist since then. That doctor died years ago.

To be able to see a cardiologist I would need to be referred by one of my other doctors and because the hematologist doesn't seem concerned I can't see a referral coming my way.

I do have a tentative appt to see the Prof of metabolic medicine on June 12 but he has had 5 months leave (? Due to illness) and they are not sure he is returning to work. No one has taken over his workload because no one else was available in his speciality. We have such a shortage of doctors in this country.

Just like you, I try not to raise too many issues with the nurses or doctor. This was/is the only issue I discussed with either of them. I told them that I felt well with no complaints and my only concern was the slow heart rate which seemed to be gradually getting slower over the last couple of months. This was my one issue and it was dismissed as if it was trivial. Perhaps considering my other health problems it's not considered important.

Oh well, I have a break for a while now, maybe it's best to forget about it unless it causes a problem and just get on with the other part of my life that doesn't involve illness and treatment

Regards

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion